May 13, 2009

Shout Out Wednesday!!!

Today I want to make a shout out about a book I absolutely love! I really, really do. Jake asked me the other day why I was reading it again....my reply was because I need to remind myself sometimes that it's important to be a good person, to listen to people and enjoy the little things. (I feel like I talk about this a lot, but I truly feel like it's important to make every effort to live a life you are proud of and to do what you can to make the lives of those around you more enjoyable, however that may be).

What book reminds you of this you may ask? Well, it's Tuesday's with Morrie by Mitch Albom. It's a wonderful story about a student who reunites with his favorite professor after hearing that he is very ill. It's a touching story filled with wonderful quotes, like:

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."

"Death ends a life, not a relationship."

I could honestly go on and on about all the wonderful things in this book. It's an easy read and I encourage you to read it if you haven't. You'll love it, I hope, as much as I do. I cry every time. Again the main reason I love this book is because I like being reminded of the important things in life...family, love, happiness, goodness, treating others with respect, and faith (just to name a few).


So tell me about a book you love, one that just makes you happy, or makes you think, or gives you more things to live for. Whatever it may be I want to know, because I might just need to read it.



1 comment:

  1. You know, I have never read this, and now I think I should! I may have to pick it up after I finish the Twilight series....

    Glad you're on Blogger! I like it so much better than Wordpress. So many more options!

    ReplyDelete

What's that you say?