August 17, 2009

and now the rest of the story....

So the talk went well. I told Jake that when he was ready sometime that day that I would like to talk to him about something I think is very important. And the result is that I have a plan and a HUGE weight lifting off my shoulders. It's truly amazing.

Okay moving on. I have a recipe to share. I found it in "Family Circle" April 1, 2009 magazine. And really I'm sharing it because my friend Jamie LOVES tortellini as much as me and so I think she will enjoy this and so will you. It's very simple and super fast.


TORTELLINI SOUP:

3 cups vegetable broth
3 cups water
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (in a packet)
1 package (9 oz) cheese-filled tortellini
3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
3 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
3/4 pounds ripe plum tomatoes (about 4), seeded and chopped
1 bag (6 oz) of baby spinach
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. In large post, bring broth, water and Italian seasoning to boil. Add tortellini and simmer for 3 mins. Add carrots and celery and simmer additional 4 mins. Stir in tomatoes and spinach ans simmer 2 more mins or until veggies are tender. Serve with Parmesan cheese.

Okay so here's somethings I did different. First off, I accidentally poured in the entire package of Italian seasoning which was (according to the package) 8 1/8 teaspoon servings. However I just added more broth and water and it still turned out wonderful. Because there's no meat, I used a bigger portion of tortellini's. And I used canned tomatoes (the garlic, oregano, and basil seasoned ones). I also added some chopped white onions. I hope you'll give it a try and if you add anything that you feel makes it better....please let me know so I can try it. Sorry by the way that I don't have a picture (I bet you could google it).

Moving on.

I made some curtains for the window that line both sides of our front door. We are trying to save on the electric bill and the light would be blinding in the afternoon once we got home. So here's a before:



And here's an after:


Jake picked the fabric and I didn't like it when we were in the store, but he let's me win on so many things that I thought it was more than time for him to win one. And I had to tell him that once they were up I absolutely loved them! He did a great job.

And lastly, I made up a mantra for myself....is that strange? I felt like I needed one for when life throws me curve balls. So I'm sharing it with you and hoping your shares yours with me, if you have one.

I am young, smart, successful, and financially stable.
I read somewhere that even if your aren't these things currently (financially stable), you should still say it as if it is in the present. Because you want these things to happen now, not in the future. NOW! :)

Happy Monday!




7 comments:

  1. I love your mantra. You are a rockstar. And I don't think I ever told you, but you were the nicest person to me when I transfered to Mena. You were (ARE!!!) so lovable and popular and it made me feel good that you were so nice to me in Spanish 2. That's probably completely dorky, since it was so long ago, but I thought I would tell you thanks for that.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curtain looks great! I love that splash of color right there by the door. As far as a mantra goes, mine has a bad word in it. I'll message it to you on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so crafty Honsie! Making curtains?! Atta girl! P.S. I can't wait to make the fabulous soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, soup sounded good. Way to go with the curtains. They look great. I am totally with you on the speaking positive thing. I think that is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the curtains! They look so nice in your room. Thanks for sharing. I may need to do something like that in my house. I also love your writing style. I read your blog everytime there is an update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found the recipe for tomorrow's dinner. A big thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the curtains! I am so impressed. I have never been able to make curtains.

    ReplyDelete

What's that you say?