We've all made New Year's resolutions only to let them fall by the wayside a month or two later. Sure there are some we've kept strong for 3 or 4 months, but yes, them they too fall. And of course there are the few, the very, very few that we accomplish and doesn't that make you feel GREAT!
Well recently I've made some goals for myself that are life changing and important, so in hopes of them NOT turning out like many of my past New Year's resolutions I'm beating my attitude to the finish line! I can sense when I'm starting to digress from the path I want to be on, only recently did I discover this sense. But now that I know it, there's no way I'm letting it get the best of me. What I'm a doing to stop it before it gets into full swing?Lists.
I have made two note cards regarding my two most current goals. The first one is labels "5 Reasons I Won't Spend Money". This really wasn't an issue for a while, but now that I'm getting a paycheck again I'm starting to see my old ways. AND the holidays DON'T help because I want to buy decorations or spend more than I allotted for my Christmas budget, because my sister HAS to have this or that. So here are my 5 reasons:
1. I love my future husband (Jake) and want great things for us.
2. I have self-control (I know I do, it's just believing it).
3. There are BILLS to pay (yup, there always are).
4. I have dreams to achieve.
5. I want to see the people I love (you know who you are).
My second note card is in regards to my running. I was doing so well and then I had to go and tell the world about it! Now in my somewhat defense, it has been raining in New Orleans like crazy. Yup, everyday it seems like exactly at 3:00 pm the rain starts. It wouldn't be a big deal but since I needed to make note card #1 I am forgoing a gym and running outside to save money. So here are my "5 Reasons to Work Out":
1. I want to be healthy for my children (my future children and I want to be healthy when I decide to have children as well).
2. I plan on running a 5k.
3. I would love to feel comfortable again with myself (it's a wonderful feeling to not feel self concise in the clothes you are wearing).
4. Two piece swimsuit (that's all I'm saying on that one).
5. I want to be my best me (physically, emotionally, and spiritually).
So there you have it. The plan is to carry these around with my the first on in my wallet taped to my debit card and the second one just actually in my house by the front door. When I get my debit card out to buy something I'll see my list and hopefully think twice about if it's a need or want. When I get home I'll see my card and decide if just feeling "lazy" today is a good enough reason. Let's see how it goes, I'll keep you posted. Have a great Wednesday!