March 9, 2009

Yay for Mondays!

Well I said I would let you know how Saturday went and so I am!! IT WAS GREAT! It really was, I thought that getting up at the butt crack of dawn8 would be horrible on a Saturday, but it was nothing! I found the Habitat house just fine and of course everyone was so super nice. I spent the morning putting up external solid ventilation to make sure the house was energy effecient according to Energy Star. It was an adventure considering that we got half way finished and the supervisor informed us that we needed to make sure all the boards had a 2-2 1/1 inches gap from the roof (which they didn't). So we climbed up there took them all down and then had to re-cut them all and then get the screws going again so that it was easier once we got up on the ladder.............what does all that equal? Laughs and a good time that's what. Not to mention it was amazing to see the nice house (not elaborate like on Extreme Home Make-over) going up.

I left the Habitat site a little early because I needed to run home and eat some lunch before I ventured to an elementary basketball game. Which is in the "ghetto", at least that's what I've been told. To be honest with you I thought about not going. I mean I could've just said I couldn't find it. Why was I not going to go watch my precious little cheer? Because I was of ghetto a part of Little Rock that I haven't been too before.....then I remembered that I thought that was ridiculous and went anyways. Boy am I glad, because it was a good time!!!!! Shamaria was a WONDERFUL little cheer leader and it was fun to watch the kids play basketball and cheer! So much fun that I clapped and cheered for the Terry Tigers, of which I didn't know one single child who played. I've also been wanting to sing this ALL weekend.

Yyyyy-ee-l-l,  (bit faster) yyy-ee-l-l, everybody YELL for the Tigers, whoooo, for the Tigers, whooooo!

[caption id="attachment_166" align="alignnone" width="214" caption="Go Tigers!"]Go Tigers![/caption]

From Friday's post I learned about a wonderful recipe blog....visit it here, and borrowed from her ideas. Kristy, (we had Spanish together in HS) who is a wonderfully busy mommy of two, plans her meals out for the month, yes the MONTH! I, in a million years couldn't stick to that so I start out smaller with 2 weeks, give or take a few days (for going out to eat, girls night, etc.). So here is my 2 week menu! (I also have a wonderful recipe we cooked last night to share later.)

(No certain order)
1. Talapia with pesto pasta
2. Sloppy Joes with sweet potato fries
3. Chicken Piccata
4. Breakfast for Dinner
5. Sheperds Pie
6. King Ranch Chicken
7. French Dip Sandwiches (we're having this one tonight so I'll let you all know how it goes)
8. Turkey Burgers (on the grill)
9. Meat Loaf
10. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup

I made a list of 16 and let Jake pick 10. It worked out well I think, but I will keep you posted.

Also from Friday, Jennifer offered to go shopping with me next time she was in Little Rock, I'm very excited about this....(she said even if I don't buy anything) because she has wonderful taste and even has her own blog about fashion. (find it here)

And lastly....Jamie and Rachel. I miss you girls and can't wait to hang out with you both again! And I am seriously thinking about starting a weight loss blog, I've been able to find some great inspiration. And I think it will assist in holding me accountable. Let me know what you think? Hope you're Monday is wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. SO PROUD OF YOU! I really mean that. I think you giving your time like that is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks for the shout out! And bravo for planning your meals in advance...I plan ours for a week in advance, and it's so helpful!!

    ReplyDelete

What's that you say?